The 30A Songwriters Festival takes place next week January 16 – 18, 2015, and we want you to get the most out of it!
Check out our top 10 insider tips for making your festival experience a magical one and an exclusive 30A Radio interview with festival organizer Russell Carter as they are putting the finishing touches on the festival schedule!
Check out this behind-the-scenes interview with festival organizers as the schedule is coming together.
1. Download the 30A Songwriters App for iPhone or Android! Once the full schedule is released (coming soon!), check the app to make plans to see some of the bigger acts at larger venues to ensure you get a spot. Or, select one of your favorite venues and make that your “base” for the festival — you will be surprised by who you might see! Listen to 30A Songwriters Festival Radio to sample some of the artists beforehand and select shows you like based on the music you hear.
2. Clothing: Wear layers to transition from indoor to outdoor venues with ease. Think scarves, fleece pullovers and comfortable shoes. If you find yourself in a pinch, 30A Songwriters Fest merch will be available at the box office and at Gulf Place. 30A Gear will also be on sale at Gulf Place.
3. Getting Around: The official 30A Songwriters Festival App (download for iPhone or Android) will be using geo-tracking so you can keep track of where the shuttle is at all times. Plan on parking being tight in some places so some walking may be required.Graham Nash is one of the headliners of this year’s 30A Songwriters Fest. Photo by Eleanor Stills.
4. Food and bevvys: Be sure to leave your coolers at home. Our gracious venues will have an array of fabulous food and beverage for purchase! And with Grayton Beer as the exclusive beer of the festival you’ll have ample opportunity to enjoy a cold one at most all festival venues! Please note that Rosemary Beach Town Hall is the only venue that will not be serving food so grab something yummy and filling from one of the Rosemary Beach restaurants before you see your show in the town hall.
5. Gulf Place: Don’t forget to bring only low-back chairs! We want to make sure you can see over your neighbor’s head for a great visual of the artist’s performance.6. Lodging: If you are traveling from out of town for the festival, the 30A Songwriters Festival Official Lodging Partners have some fantastic deals!
7. Pets: As much as we love your furry, four-legged friends, they’ll be much happier at home.
8. Listening Rooms vs. Talking Rooms: A good rule of thumb is to remain respectfully quiet while artists are playing.
9. Armbands: Make sure you are comfortable in your armband, so don’t secure it too tightly because it must remain on all weekend.
10. Follow along for updates on the 30A Songwriters Festival App, 30A.com and the 30A Songwriters Fest Facebook page where you will find a live stream of videos, photos and updates from across the festival!
Get your weekend passes NOW before they SELL OUT!